- I have over 10 years of experience managing teams of soldiers under intense circumstances which has positively impacted my experience in managing civilian employees in a retail work environment. I am driven to continue to learn and educate myself and, as a result, I have become a successful part-time, freelance web designer. My goal is to create a solid foundation of managerial experience so that I may continue to grow and become a valuable asset at the executive level.
University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Bachelor of Arts in History, May 2013
Engineer Squad Leader, U.S. Army Reserves
- Responsible for training, mentoring, and managing a team of 9 soldiers by evaluating competency, refining skills-based duties, and maintaining readiness for any situation.
- Managed critical infrastructure projects while deployed to Afghanistan by advising and assisting the Afghan Army on proper construction methods and budgetary discretion.
- Advised Afghan Army senior leaders overseeing 10,000 soldiers on their annual budget in excess of $15,600,000. Assisted in implementing a fiscally responsible plan which allowed the Afghan officials to operate within their means.
- Served as a liaison between the Infrastructure Training and Advising Team (ITAT) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Afghanistan allowing both teams to coordinate construction events and balance monetary needs between construction and maintenance.
Freelance Web Design, Artistic Director for Web and Graphic Design
San Antonio, TX
- Veterans Café - Designed and developed a responsive website integrated into a podcast feed hosted by Liberated Syndication. Established online branding and presence through social media marketing as well as network marketing with similar brands.
- Metroflex Gym San Antonio - Establish local branding and visibility in the San Antonio area with a responsive web design and proper integration into the local online community.
- Tracy McKithern Photography - Design and develop a responsive web site to meet the marketing and clientele needs of Tracy McKithern Photography.
Center Director Float, Jenny Craig, Inc.
San Antonio, TX
June 2012 - November 2014
- Selected as a candidate for promotion to Centre Director Float above peers by the Market Director and Area Market Director of the Austin/San Antonio region.
- Assist the Austin/San Antonio Market Director in training and hiring employees for 8 Jenny Craig locations.
- Develop strategies and techniques to both obtain new members and retain current members in order to help achieve their weight loss goals.
- Assist Center Directors by co-managing centers to ensure a positive and productive environment is achieved in each center for both employees and members.
Machinist, McKithern Machine Works, Inc.
Oct 2006 – Nov 2010
- Modeled precision parts to customer specifications using automated and manual lathes and mills, as well as wire welding, plasma cutting, and grinding.
- Provided customer service to meet clients' needs.
- Observed and analyzed small business practices to include bidding processes through mentoring and supervision of the owner/supervisor.
Electrical/Construction Worker, Trans Tech Electric
Jan 2006 – Oct 2006
- Assisted in properly executing commercial project tasks such as installing conduit, pulling and properly tying in wire for objects such as lighting, and operating heavy equipment.
- Assisted in conducting final overall inspections of projects to ensure appropriate, quality standards were met.
- Operated and oversaw the use of hazardous equipment while assessing risk and ensuring a safe working environment.
Infantry Squad Leader, Texas Army National Guard
San Antonio, TX
June 2004 – June 2008
- Trained and instilled leadership values in soldiers to prepare for future management roles.
- Controlled mounted small unit tactics and patrols as well as convoy escorts with a team of 3 gun trucks consisting of 9 soldiers.
- Conducted PSS/PSD movements escorting senior Officers and NCO’s throughout the Iraq operating theater.
- Lectured presentations, strategic plans, and logistic reports to groups as large as 100 soldiers.
Infantry Team Leader, United States Army
Fort Campbell, KY
June 2000 – June 2004
- Responsible for the training, accountability, and project execution of a team of 4 soldiers.
- Conducted small unit tactics and patrols while serving during the Iraq invasion.
- Led dismounted PSS/PSD operations throughout the Mosul, Iraq city center escorting individuals ranking from senior NCOs to high ranking U.S. Government officials.
- Awarded several commendations for actions and performance while on duty.
- Microsoft (2007, 2010, 2013) Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Dreamweaver CC, Premier Pro CC, Audition CC, After Effects CC.
- HTML5, CSS3, Web Publishing.
- Ability to research using primary source material and conduct quantitative analysis.
- Communicate analyses in a clear, concise presentation (oral and written).